POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pixel display - Just curious : Re: Pixel display - Just curious Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixel display - Just curious
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Oct 2003 18:40:25
Message: <3f85e3d9@news.povray.org>

news:11ebovccgk1ko4lrc5oejr5fnvjlhkro80@4ax.com...

> Not important, I am just curious.
>
> Is the current version of POV displaying each pixel after calculation,
> or holding each pixel in a buffer, and then displaying the entire
> line?

In the Windows version, just move the cursor on the slider bar and you'll
see the pixels crawling.
It's quite helpful to see the "difficult" areas but it can become pretty
addictive with slow renders, so I often turn off the display just to avoid
the temptation... It's sort of stupid to shout "go, go, go, you can do it"
to a slow pixel and then "ha, good boy, you made it" once it's rendered.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com